Comparison of Invisalign Vs Braces Cost
When considering Invisalign, one of the first things that come to mind is “How much does Invisalign cost?” The good news is that the Invisalign cost texas resembles the cost of traditional braces. Keep reading, and you’ll come to know how affordable and effective Invisalign can be.
The factors that influence the actual teeth braces cost are orthodontic insurance coverage, the recommended time you will have to wear the braces, the patients’ geographic location, and finally, the general complication of your particular case. However, the cost of braces may lie between $3000 to $8000. There is not much difference between the cost of Invisalign and braces cost as Invisalign costs texas is between $3500 to $6000, and the braces cost lies between $3,500 to $5,000.
How much do you think you’ll spend on using your insurance? The good news is that Invisalign is treated similarly to traditional braces in this situation. You may speak with your insurance carrier to receive a more accurate estimate, but the typical insurance coverage is roughly $500. You can consult our team to learn about the average Invisalign cost and the average cost of braces.
You need not worry about insurance, as many doctors offer flexible programs that allow patients to pay monthly. Discuss each point of the treatment plan so that you can find ways to fit the Invisalign Cost into your budget.
Invisalign is a brand of transparent, removable dental aligners that fit over teeth and are almost invisible. After taking the teeth impression of the patient, the technician creates custom-made Invisalign aligners. Patients will get the delivery of fresh aligners every two weeks that gently bring the teeth into their proper alignment. There are several reasons why the Invisalign system is superior to traditional metal braces, and the proportional relevance of each argument varies from person to person. Here are five advantages of Invisalign over conventional braces:
- Patients will be free from teasing names like “metal mouth” or “brace face.”
- Provide an excellent opportunity to eat, brush and floss without difficulties.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces as they don’t have to experience any irritations and injury due to cuts from sharp edges and brackets of traditional braces
- Traditional braces can lead to discoloration eventually, but with the Invisalign system, they will have normal-looking teeth.
- Adults feel comfortable with Invisalign braces compared to traditional ones, as Invisalign braces are less noticeable to others.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a particular brand of clear teeth aligners used for mild to severe orthodontic procedures. If you have misaligned or crooked teeth, Invisalign clear aligners apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the desired direction and restore your dental alignment. Invisalign clear aligners are made of thermoplastic material according to your specific dental anatomy. During a typical Invisalign treatment, you receive 20 to 30 clear aligners, each corresponding to a different stage in the orthodontic treatment. As you move through the aligners, your teeth become straighter until they’re completely aligners. Since Invisalign aligners are transparent, they’re essentially invisible to other people.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Invisalign?
|Pros of Invisalign:||Cons of Invisalign|
|Easily removable||Requires dedication to carry them on your teeth for up to twenty hours a day|
|No food restrictions||You may be lost if you don’t care for them properly|
|An affordable and effective smile correction option||Unable to treat extensive, severe oral problems|
|Less dental visits|
What Are Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces are metallic brackets fastened either in front of or behind your teeth using archwires and other components. Unlike Invisalign clear aligners, traditional braces are permanent and have to be worn 24/7, even when you’re eating or performing oral hygiene. The braces apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the desired direction. Every couple of weeks, you have to return to the dentist’s office for tightening. The dentist will tighten the wires a little more, thereby putting more pressure on your teeth to continue the orthodontic procedure. After a few years, your teeth are completely straight, and the braces can be removed.
What Are The Pros and Cons of Braces?
Pros of Braces:
|Cons of Invisalign|
|Traditional braces can fix even severe oral issues that are impossible with Invisalign braces are:||Though traditional braces can correct various severe oral issues, they still have some disadvantages, including;|
|Misalignment||Difficulties while wearing braces|
|Gaps between the teeth||Tooth relapse|
|Protruding teeth||Soft tissue wounds and canker sores|
|Overbites||Decalcification and Cavities|
Braces Vs Invisalign Cost
If we compare the Average cost of braces and the average cost of Invisalign, traditional braces are more likely affordable, pricing around $1,800-$5,500 compared to Invisalign braces cost $5000.
What Is The Average Cost Of Invisalign In Houston?
Invisalign costs may be slightly higher than traditional braces. Additionally, the braces prices may vary depending on patients’ needs, location, and dentist’s fee. However, the average Invisalign average cost in Houston may lie between $3500 to $6000.
What Is The Average Cost Of Braces In Houston?
The average price of traditional braces may lie between $2000 and $5000. This orthodontic treatment focuses on the patients’ needs and orthodontists’ recommendations. If you still have doubts about choosing the right type of braces, contact us now.
What Are The Various Types Of Braces?
- Traditional Metal Braces: As the name suggests, traditional metal braces are braces made of metallic brackets and wires. They move your teeth in the desired direction over an extended period until you have perfectly aligned teeth. The biggest problem with traditional metal braces is that they’re extremely visible and unattractive, and you have to wear them for several years, which can affect your quality of life.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces work on the same principles as traditional metal braces — the wires and brackets apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the desired direction. However, ceramic braces are made of tooth-colored ceramic, and the wires can also be colored, so they’re not as visible. However, since they can’t be removed, they eventually get discolored due to regular eating, making them visible.
- Lingual Braces: Lingual braces are attached to the back of the teeth instead of the front, so they’re not visible when you smile. However, patients find them extremely uncomfortable because the tongue comes in contact with the wires. This can also lead to more soft tissue injuries and sores.
- Clear Aligners: Clear aligners are transparent retainers made of thermoplastic material, such as Invisalign and ClearCorrect. You receive a series of aligners, each corresponding to different stages of your treatment. You simply have to wear the aligners for around 22 hours a day to restore your teeth’ alignment. You can take them off during meals and while brushing. However, clear aligners are also more costly.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisible Braces Over Traditional Braces?
- Transparent: Clear aligners are made of transparent thermoplastic materials, so they’re completely invisible. No one can see them externally. This allows you to continue with your life without the social anxiety and self-consciousness common amongst patients with traditional braces.
- Removable: Patients with traditional braces are stuck with them for several years. Braces can’t be taken off, and they can only be adjusted by the dentist. However, Invisalign aligners can be taken off whenever you enjoy meals or while brushing. This also allows you to eat whatever you want without fears of staining your aligners, and you can maintain optimal oral hygiene.
- Comfortable: Traditional braces can be uncomfortable because they consist of archwires and metallic components that often bruise and leave sores. However, Invisalign aligners are simple retainers made of plastic, so they don’t injure the soft tissues. You may experience mild discomfort whenever you put on a new aligner, but the discomfort wears off as your teeth adjust.
- Faster: Orthodontic procedures with traditional braces usually last for 3 to 4 years, depending on the level of misalignment. Meanwhile, Invisalign orthodontic journeys usually conclude within 1.5 years. As such, Invisalign aligners are far better and faster at addressing your misalignment concerns than traditional braces.
- Effectiveness: When Invisalign aligners first came into the picture, they were seen as insufficient substitutes for traditional braces because they couldn’t handle severe misalignment problems. However, recent innovations in Invisalign have made them just as effective as traditional braces, if not more so. Invisalign attachments on front teeth allow them to address all forms of misalignment issues.