What is The Cost of a Tooth Extraction Near Me?
The wisdom teeth don’t serve any aesthetic or functional purposes, but they often cause complications when they’re impacted. As such, most people need to get their wisdom teeth removed at some point. If you have a wisdom tooth extraction coming up, you may wonder, “how much does a wisdom tooth extraction cost near me?” However, the cost of wisdom tooth extraction isn’t uniform in all places and for everyone. Like most dental treatments, the cost of wisdom tooth extraction depends on several factors.
The cost of wisdom tooth extraction depends on the following factors: type of wisdom tooth extraction cost near me, anesthesia usage, location of the dental clinic, insurance coverage, and more.
- Type of Extraction: Wisdom tooth extraction may be performed as a simple or surgical procedure. Simple wisdom tooth extraction involves pulling the unwanted tooth out using forceps — there’s no need for surgical intervention. Surgical wisdom tooth extraction involves surgically cutting the bones surrounding the impacted tooth and removing it piecemeal. Surgical wisdom tooth extraction is far more expensive than a simple extraction.
- Anesthesia Usage: The cost of your wisdom tooth extraction depends on the type of anesthesia used, i.e., local anesthesia or general anesthesia. Furthermore, some dentists bring professional anesthesiologists to handle this, which can increase the costs.
- Location: The cost of wisdom tooth extraction often depends on the dental clinic’s location and other subjective factors. However, you should generally opt for reliable dentists with strong track records, even if they’re more expensive.
- Insurance Coverage: The cost of your wisdom tooth extraction also depends on the possibility of insurance coverage. You can get insurance coverage for wisdom tooth extraction in some cases if it’s deemed medically necessary. Furthermore, the extent of coverage also depends on the terms of your insurance plan.
If you want to find out about the cost of wisdom tooth extraction cost near me, you must contact your dentist in Houston, TX. Your dentist will examine your teeth, run diagnostic tests, curate the treatment plan, review the terms of your insurance plans, and provide an accurate quote for your treatment. Reliable dental clinics, such as URBN Dental, believe in complete transparency with dental treatment costs. As such, we provide a complete overview of your wisdom tooth removal costs (with or without coverage) before your procedure to ensure mental clarity.
How many wisdom teeth can you remove at once?
You can get all your wisdom teeth (four) removed at once. Even if your wisdom teeth are currently healthy, they might eventually cause complications, so it’s better to get all of them removed during a single procedure. Removing all your wisdom teeth at once also helps you save time and costs. If you get them removed separately, you’ll need to undergo multiple procedures and pay for the oral surgeon’s time on different occasions. Furthermore, you’d also have to undergo multiple recovery processes, which can take up considerable time. However, you should defer to your dentist’s opinion on the procedure — they may have their reasons to space out the procedures.
Is extraction of wisdom teeth necessary?
A wisdom tooth extraction isn’t necessary if your wisdom teeth are healthy, growing completely, positioned correctly, and can be cleaned properly. However, wisdom tooth extraction is necessary if your wisdom teeth haven’t grown properly due to the lack of space in your jaws. Wisdom tooth extraction is necessary for the following situations:
- The wisdom tooth remains completely under the gum line, which means you have an impacted wisdom tooth stuck within the jaw. This can lead to infections and cyst formations that damage your teeth and roots.
- The wisdom tooth partially erupts, i.e., only a small part of the tooth has erupted out of the gums. This makes the wisdom tooth hard to clean and creates a passage for bacterial accumulation, leading to infections and abscesses.
- The wisdom tooth starts overcrowding the surrounding teeth, leading to dental damages.
What are signs you need your wisdom teeth pulled?
- Extreme sensitivity and toothaches in the back of the mouth, i.e., the wisdom teeth.
- Inflammation and extreme redness around the gums surrounding the wisdom teeth.
- Persistently bad breath (halitosis) that doesn’t go away after brushing and flossing.
- Constantly bad or unpleasant taste in the mouth, indicating a cyst caused by infections.
- Visible pus-filled cysts on the gums or back of your wisdom teeth.
- Stiffness and severe jaw pains, TMJ issues, and other problems.
- Sinus problems related to wisdom teeth and other dental issues.
What happens during wisdom tooth extraction?
Wisdom tooth extraction is an in-office procedure performed using local anesthesia, sedation anesthesia, or general anesthesia, depending on your specific needs and the type of procedure used. During the wisdom tooth extraction, the surgeon makes an incision in the gum tissues to expose the tooth and bone. The jawbone surrounding the wisdom tooth is cut into small pieces to facilitate the extraction of the wisdom tooth by the roots. In some cases, the wisdom tooth must be cut into pieces and removed one piece at a time. Once the entire tooth is removed, the dentist cleans the area, removes all the debris, and stitches the wound closed to promote healing. Finally, an antiseptic gauze is placed over the site of extraction to control the bleeding.
Schedule your wisdom tooth extraction today.
URBN Dental is one of the most reliable dental clinics specializing in wisdom tooth extractions and other emergency dental procedures. We perform thorough evaluations and diagnostic tests to identify wisdom teeth problems. Please schedule an appointment to discuss your wisdom tooth extraction today.