How Can A 24 Hour Emergency Dentist Help You?
Some dental injuries need emergency care and it is very essential for you to know them so that you will be able to meet the oral requirements of your family. It is possible for accidents to occur at any time, either day or night. Immediate attention is needed for some oral injuries while others may wait till the usual business hours of your dentist (24 hour emergency dentist).
Popular mouth injuries include broken, knocked out, or cracked teeth and they are usually caused by biting on hard food, a fall, sports injury, just to mention a few. If the injury is not severe, you can wait till the usual business hours before seeing your dentist. However, in a situation whereby the crack is acute or there is damage to the nerve of the tooth is completely knocked out, it is advisable to see your 24 hour emergency dentist.
Before you make the journey to the dentist’s office, you can try to put the tooth back into the socket and bite down on a wet gauze or tea bag. However, you should be cautious so that you don’t ingest the tooth. If it is not possible for you to make the tooth sit tight in the socket while you make the journey to the office of your dentist or 24 hour emergency dentist, you should rinse it off so that you will be able to eliminate any visible dirt. Thereafter, you should put it in a container filled with saliva or milk until the time that you will be able to see your doctor. A cold compress can be applied so that bleeding from the socket of the tooth can be reduced (24-hour dentist office near me).
At times, the problem may not be a broken or knocked-out tooth. You may be experiencing acute tooth pain which may be as a result of an abscessed tooth. If you believe that your condition requires 24 hour emergency dentist service, the first thing you should do is to call the office of your dentist. A quick appointment may be fixed for you because a lot of dentists do provide emergency services (24-hour dentist office).
Knowing the business hours of the office should not deter you from calling. Provisions may be made for an emergency number and the answering machine may give you all the necessary instructions that will assist you in locating a doctor on call. If you have tried all these options and none of them seems to work, you can get in touch with the emergency room closest to you. You will be given the necessary first aid before your case is referred to the right specialist (24-hour dentist office).
Conditions that Require Emergency Dental Care
You should seek emergency dental care if you’re suffering from one of the following issues:
- Cracked or Broken Teeth: Have you recently cracked or fractured your teeth? If so, you need to seek immediate emergency dental care because a broken tooth can cause immense pain and lead to self-consciousness.
- Persistent Stains: Do your teeth remain dirty and stained even after brushing and flossing thoroughly on a daily basis? If so, the stains may be symptomatic of other deeper issues and you need emergency dental care to detect and treat the underlying disease.
- Tartar and Plaque Buildup: Brushing and flossing can’t get rid of every last trace of food particles stuck between the teeth and gums. These food particles eventually turn to plaque, which then hardens into tartar, and causes a number of issues like gingivitis and periodontitis. In this case, you need to seek emergency dental care to prevent the spread of bacterial infection.
- Persistent Bad Breath: Do you have bad breath all the time? Does it persist even after brushing your teeth or using mouthwash? If so, the bad breath may be a symptom of deeper gum disease so you need emergency dental care.
- Fractured and Broken Teeth: Fractured and broken teeth are usually caused by biting hard substances, falling, being hit in the mouth or face, weakening by cavities, and so on. If it is a minor fracture, you may not feel any pain but if it is severe, you may experience some discomfort. The pain may be constant or intermittent and is usually felt when you are chewing because there is much pressure being exerted on the tooth at that period.
What You Can Do?
You cannot treat a cracked tooth in your house. It is essential for you to book an appointment with your dentist near me. Everything may look fine but you may be feeling some pain when are eating or taking hot or cold stuff. The cause of the pain may be damaged blood vessels or nerves. In the same vein, broken teeth should be taken to the dentist. So that the cause of the breakage can be ascertained and treated. If it is a damaged nerve, a root canal procedure may be recommended.
What does Your Dentist Will do?
There are various treatment options that your dentist will use. The type of tooth break and fracture will determine the option that will be used for you.
Minor cracks are also known as craze lines. And they are usually seen on the surface. They affect the enamel and in most cases do not require any treatment. However, the tooth may be polished by your 24-hour dentist. So that the rough spot will be smoothened.
This involves the entire tooth, from the surface used for chewing to the nerve. The teeth may be in place even though the crack is spreading little by little. A cracked tooth can be fixed with a filling material. And a crown may be needed in order to prevent the worsening of the crack. A root canal may also be needed if your pulp has been damaged
Treatment may not be required for minor chips. But your 24-hour dentist may recommend the repair of the damage with a filling material. So that the situation is prevented from getting worse. For acutely small chips, the chipped area may be polished and smoothened by your dentist.
This is characterized by broken, sharp chewing surfaces of your teeth also known as the cusps. Usually, it does not affect the pulp. Hence, you may not feel much pain. The damage may be repaired by your 24-hour dentist. So that the restoration of the shape of the tooth will be achieved. In most cases, a crown or Onlay will be needed.
Serious breaks are very severe up to the point that they make the nerve vulnerable. You will feel pain and sensitivity. While bleeding should also be expected. A root canal treatment is an ideal option for this type of situation. This will ensure that the vulnerable nerve is removed. While a crown will be used for restoration purposes. You should be able to chew and eat properly after this procedure.
You should be adequately prepared for emergency dental care. Because no one knows when it will be needed. You can speak with your 24-hour dentist so that you will be able to know the provisions made to attend to your dental needs when the office is not opened (24-hour dentist office).