All About Dental Veneers
Porcelain Veneers Houston
Laughing and smiling is something you should do all the time. Smiling is good for your health, and says a lot about your personality! If you feel uncomfortable smiling come into URBN Dental and speak to our highly skilled dentists about your dream smile.
Are you searching for best veneers near me, Houston veneers, veneers in Houston Tx, veneers Houston? Look no further! At URBN Dental, we are a Houston porcelain veneers dentist. Book your dental appointment today and see if porcelain veneers are the right option for you.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers Houston
Laughing and smiling is something you should do all the time. Smiling is good for your health, and says a lot about your personality! If you feel uncomfortable smiling or you are smiling with your lips closed, may be it’s time you look into it. There is a great option to restore your beautiful smile that doesn’t involve dental surgery.
What are dental veneers? These are custom made porcelain, composite resin or ceramic ‘faces’ that are attached to the teeth to restore shape, size or color. In other words, these are custom-designed shells for covering teeth surfaces in case of any teeth imperfections. Veneers are used to cover fractured (chipped or cracked), crooked or discolored teeth as well as change the shape or alignment of teeth.
Veneers are primarily made from porcelain, but they can also be made from composite resin. Composite resin veneers are used to fix minor issues like cracked or chipped teeth. While most tooth restoration methods require reshaping or drilling of the affected teeth, composite requires a small part of the enamel removed or no removal. Composite resin is a quick, but effective treatment that is usually fixed on the tooth’s outer surface. The dentist will have to mold it into the desirable shape. It might take just one visit to get a composite resin veneers treatment. However, it requires high level of expertise and technical skills to apply and mold it into a perfect shape. Houston porcelain veneers require customization to restore your smile.
Get some of the best veneers in Houston, achieve your dream smile today!
Veneers Treatment in Houston TX | Conveniently Located in River Oaks Houston
Are you looking for Veneers near me? Let our friendly staff at URBN Dental take care of your dental needs! Our veneers are individually crafted by DaVinci Labs. Book your veneers dental appointment today. We offer Saturday appointments for your convenience.
Porcelain veneers are custom-made pieces of porcelain used to restore teeth’ appearance and strengthening enamel. Porcelain are usually designed for people with discolored teeth, crooked teeth or damaged teeth. Visiting your dentist for consultation is the first thing you need to do to determine whether porcelain veneers are a perfect dental treatment for me. You may have heard porcelain veneers are highly recommended treatment to restore your smile, but keep in mind teeth are different, thus the need for consultation. The good thing about porcelain veneers is that they will restore your natural look, and is quite difficult to differentiate them from a natural tooth. Porcelain veneers can resists stains from cigarette smoke, coffee, and tea.
Why Do You Need Veneers Treatment?
If you are unhappy with your dental appearance or smile because your teeth are crowded, short, or heavily discolored, then you may benefit from a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Several treatment options like dental veneers can restore your teeth appearance. How can you tell you need veneers treatment?
There are various reasons why you may need dental veneers. If you are unhappy with your smile because of your stained or crooked teeth, you should call your cosmetic dentist and he will discuss with you several options like dental veneers. Other reasons that veneers can be used for include: to cover fractured teeth (cracked, chipped or broken), to cover extremely stained teeth, to fix a gap between teeth, to fix worn-down teeth, to align misalign teeth, and others.
Who Is More Susceptible to Needing Dental Veneers?
Discolored teeth, crooked teeth, and misaligned teeth can be a hindrance to smiling. There are several ways to restore your smile, and veneers is one of them. However, you should know that the treatment is irreversible. Thus, is important to get all the necessary information before deciding the treatment is perfect for you.
There people who are more susceptible to needing dental veneers. For instance, if you have minor fractures veneers might work for you, but in case the fractures are complex you may need other treatment like dental fillings and crowns. The same applies on crooked teeth; veneers can only treat teeth that are not severely crooked, but in case of serious misalignment and irregularities, treatments like braces or Invisalign® will help.
How Do You Treat a Patient Using Dental Veneers?
Unlike composite resin veneers, porcelain takes longer to fabricate. The affected teeth are prepared by removing part of the enamel, and the dentist will make an impression of the teeth and send it to the lab for the veneers to be designed and fabricated. It might take several days for the porcelain designs to be ready and the patient will have to book a return appointment. Nevertheless, the porcelain dental veneers are resilient and very strong once fixed on the teeth. In addition, they look natural and don’t discolor very easily.
Teeth Veneers Houston
Porcelain Veneers Houston Tx
The first step to any dental treatment is consultation. The dentist will examine your dental health and determine whether veneers are the right treatment for you. The dentist will have to look into any outstanding dental problems and ensure there are no cases of gum disease or active inflammation.
- Trimming the tooth
The next step will be trimming the teeth. Porcelain teeth may require the dentist to remove a large part of the teeth, while with composite resin will require the dentist to trim a small part or no trimming. Once the trimming is done the dentist will take impression in case of porcelain veneers. But with composite resin the dentist will just have to fix the composite on the teeth and mold it to a desirable shape and size.
- Placing the Veneers
In few days, the porcelain veneers will be ready to be cemented.
A new smile is life changing! Are you ready to change your life?
What Are the Symptoms of Someone Who Needs Dental Veneers?
Have you thought of maybe doing a conservative dental treatment to improve your smile? Being unhappy with your smile or wanting a quick fix is one of the symptoms of someone who needs dental veneers. Others include;
- Teeth discolored by overuse of fluoride and medications or after resin fillings and root canals treatment.
- Worn out teeth
- Fractured teeth (cracked or chipped)
- Crooked teeth (irregular, uneven, or misaligned)
- Teeth gaps
Alternatives to Dental Veneers
In some cases, your dentist may decide that you’re not a suitable candidate for dental veneers. This may be so for a number of reasons regarding the condition of your teeth, fillings, etc. However, there are plenty of other alternatives to dental veneers that are just as good and can give you the perfect sparkling smile you want.
- Dental Bonding: If you don’t want to permanently change your teeth structure or if you lack teeth enamel, your dentist may recommend dental bonding. During this procedure, the dentist applies a composite resin on the surface of your teeth. This resin can be easily shaped and molded so that it looks and feels just like natural enamel and blends in with the rest of your teeth. This procedure is less expensive than veneers, but it has much of the same effects. The only drawback here is that resin isn’t stain-resistant so you have to take good care of it.
- Teeth Whitening: Do you only want to whiten or brighten your teeth? If you don’t have any chips or misaligned teeth and only want brightening, then you can also go for regular teeth whitening. During this procedure, the dentist uses a dental bleach to remove all of the stains from your teeth and brighten it by up to eight shades. The drawback here is that it can only remove stains from external sources like regular consumption of coffee, wines, or tobacco. It can’t remove general discoloration.
- Dental Crowns: These are porcelain caps — similar to veneers — that completely cover or conceal the underlying teeth all the way to the gum line. However, in order to attach the dental crown, the dentist will also have to alter your current dental structures and remove much of your teeth. If you only want cosmetic treatment, then dental crowns may be too invasive for you. However, if you have severely damaged or broken teeth, then it’s a great option.
- Orthodontic Treatment: If you have severely crooked or misaligned teeth, you can also opt for orthodontics such as metal brackets, Invisalign®, or other similar solutions to straighten and align all of your teeth. If you’re concerned about metal brackets and the external appearance, you can go for Invisalign®, which lives up to its name by being completely invisible to an undiscerning eye.
Whatever your preference may be, you can schedule an appointment with URBN Dental to discuss your options.