What is teeth whitening in Houston?
Professional teeth whitening in Houston is the best means of brightening your smile. In-office teeth whitening brightens your teeth by several shades in a single session, so you can walk out of the clinic with a brighter smile. You don’t need to wear dental trays for weeks at a stretch, nor do you need to spend large sums of money on dubious over-the-counter products providing marginal benefits. Professional teeth whitening promises instant results, wiping away years of accumulated stains from the surface of your teeth. However, you must find a suitable dentist in Houston, TX, for teeth whitening services — the dentist must understand the root cause of your yellowed or discolored teeth to recommend the ideal services. In some cases, patients may benefit more from veneer teeth whitening instead of traditional teeth whitening.
Professional teeth whitening is a fairly simple procedure. Even though the procedure is simple, it must still be handled by a talented Houston dentist to avoid harming the gum tissues and gingival area. Furthermore, the equipment used for the teeth whitening must be of high quality. The entire teeth whitening procedure concludes in 60 to 90 minutes, allowing you to resume your daily activities without downtime. The following are the steps involved in the in-office teeth whitening procedure:
- The Houston dentist notes your current shade for later reference.
- Your teeth are polished using grainy substances that scrubs away all the accumulated plaque.
- A special gauze-like substance is used to isolate the teeth from the rest of your mouth, keeping them dry. Retractors might be used to ensure the whitening solution doesn’t interact with the surrounding soft tissues, such as the tongue, gums, cheeks, etc.
- A dental dam is placed along the gum line to protect the gums from the whitening product.
- The bleaching gel is painted over your teeth. Depending on the product used, the whitening solution will be made of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
- After applying the whitening gel, the dentist will direct a curing light over the peroxide to activate its bleaching capacities.
- The solution is left on your teeth for 15 to 30 minutes. After a short break, the bleaching gel may be reapplied, and the process continues for a few 15-minute sessions.
- Once the desired shade is reached or sufficient time has elapsed, your teeth will be rinsed.
- The dentist may apply a fluoride gel over your teeth to minimize the sensitivity.
- In some cases, you might be asked to come for follow-up sessions for further whitening.
Is teeth whitening safe?
Professional teeth whitening is a completely safe and effective procedure, but it might cause some mild post-treatment side effects. You should expect mild teeth sensitivity after the procedure. The dentist will apply some fluoride to soothe the discomfort, but you might still have some sensitivity, which will recede in a few days. In some cases, you might experience gum irritation — this happens when the whitening gel reaches your gums. However, the most reputable Houston dentists can help you avoid gum irritation.
You should also note that professional teeth whitening doesn’t provide permanent results. You’ll need additional treatments every few months or years to maintain the results. You can, however, extend the longevity of the results by managing your dietary habits and oral health. You should brush and floss your teeth regularly and avoid foods that stain your teeth. You should particularly limit your consumption of coffee, tea, red wine, and other such substances. You can ask your Houston dentist to outline the ideal diet.
What is the best treatment for yellow teeth?
Professional teeth whitening is the best treatment for yellow teeth because it removes years of accumulated stains and discoloration. In most cases, yellow teeth indicate surface stains on the pores of the enamel. Teeth whitening removes the stains from deep within the pores of the enamel, making it appear significantly brighter. However, patients with intrinsically yellowed teeth may need veneers for teeth whitening or other alternative treatments.
What are the benefits of veneers for teeth whitening?
Dental veneers are tooth-shaped porcelain wafers attached over the front surface of your teeth. They cover up all the surface anomalies, such as cracks, chips, stains, discoloration, gaps, etc. The dentist constructs the ideal set of veneers that completely transform your smile. Their biggest advantage is that you can achieve the specific shade and color you desire. Furthermore, they whiten your teeth and smile even if you have intrinsic stains or worn enamel. Veneers aren’t limited to teeth whitening — they also cover unsightly gaps, cracks on the teeth, and other structural problems. As such, veneers are ideal for cosmetic dentistry.
How can cosmetic dentistry improve your smile?
Cosmetic dentistry transforms all the aesthetic aspects of your teeth, including the shape, color, size, and proportions of your teeth. As such, they make you proud of your smile, which, in turn, makes you smile freely and workout restraint. Cosmetic dentistry doesn’t just improve your smile but also your general well-being and confidence.
Where can I find reliable dentists for my dental treatment?
You can find reliable dentists for your cosmetic dentistry services and teeth whitening in URBN Dental’s offices in Midtown and Uptown Houston, TX. Our Uptown dental clinic is between the trendy shopping centers of River Oaks District and Highland Village. And our Midtown dental clinic is between Downtown Houston and the Texas Medical Center. You can schedule an appointment with the most accessible Houston dental clinic near your location.