In This Article
What is a Snap-on Smile? According to a cosmetic dentist in Houston, TX
A Snap-on Smile is an incredibly simple, non-surgical, and non-invasive method of achieving the ideal “Hollywood Smile.” Also known as temporary or removable veneers, a Snap-on Smile gives the patient a complete smile makeover without undergoing any adjustments. A Snap-on Smile allows individuals to look their best, and it serves as a test-drive to see how a permanent smile makeover would look.
A Snap-on Smile is a set of individualized removable veneers that snap over your existing teeth, covering them up without making any alternatives. They’re made of thin and high-tech dental resin, and they cover up most of your cosmetic concerns, including misshapen teeth, permanent stains, chipped teeth, etc. As long as your concerns are purely cosmetic, a Snap-on Smile is a suitable option. The best part is that it’s a conservative solution to your cosmetic concerns, i.e., there’s no need for adjustments or permanent procedures. You can take them off whenever you want.
Porcelain veneers are widely considered the best cosmetic dentistry solution for people with numerous cosmetic concerns, such as stained teeth, chipped teeth, misaligned teeth, etc. However, porcelain veneers necessitate adjustment — the enamel has to be shaved off your teeth to accommodate the veneers. Even if you get ultra-thin Lumineers, they still have to be bonded to your teeth, and you can’t simply take them off. A Snap-on Smile can be taken off at will, making it perfect for those who want cosmetic improvements but are concerned about permanent procedures.
How does a Snap-on Smile work? According to cosmetic dentists of Houston
- During the first session, the dentist takes impressions of your teeth, discusses your concerns and goals, and sends the impressions and instructions to the laboratory for preparation. The lab technicians prepare a personalized Snap-on Smile for you based on the impressions.
- During the second session, the dentist attaches the Snap-on Smile to your teeth and shows you how to handle them. They’ll also discuss the maintenance of the removable veneers to increase their longevity. You receive the Snap-on Smile approximately three weeks after the first appointment.
You can eat and drink whatever you want while wearing the Snap-on Smile, and there’s no risk of them coming off. The maintenance is also easy — you have to clean them with a special cleaning solution that comes with the Snap-on Smile.
Who is a good candidate for a Snap-on Smile?
You’re a good candidate for a Snap-on Smile if you have stained teeth, missing teeth, gaps between your teeth, slightly crooked teeth, or discolored teeth. As long as you want a temporary and removable solution for your cosmetic concerns, you’re a suitable candidate for a Snap-on Smile.
Who is a bad candidate for a Snap-on Smile?
You’re a bad candidate for a Snap-on Smile if you have medical concerns, such as cavities, gum disease, misalignment issues, malocclusion, poor bite, damaged teeth, or other dental conditions. You can only get a Snap-on Smile after you address your medical concerns, i.e., if you have good oral health.
How long does a Snap-on Smile last?
With optimal care, a Snap-on Smile can last 3 to 5 years. However, the specific longevity depends on the maintenance and your lifestyle.
What are the ideal alternatives to a snap-on-smile?
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin wafers of tooth-colored and tooth-shaped porcelain chips attached to the front surface of your teeth to hide all cosmetic concerns. Some of the enamel has to be removed, and the veneers have to be bonded to your teeth.
- Dental Bonding: A tooth-colored composite resin material is attached to the parts of your teeth with the cosmetic concern. The composite resin hides the cosmetic concerns, giving you a perfect smile.
- Invisalign: These are clear or invisible aligners that shift your teeth towards the correct and optimal position over an extended period. Invisalign is ideal for patients with misalignment issues.
- Teeth Whitening: As the name suggests, teeth whitening is a procedure wherein a bleaching gel is used to remove the stains from your enamel, brightening your smile. However, this is only suitable for surface stains, not people with intrinsically stained teeth.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is an incredibly important branch of dentistry that improves your aesthetic appearance and, in doing so, improves your mental health, confidence, and quality of life. Cosmetic dentistry addresses the cosmetic concerns that cause self-consciousness or make you hide your smile. Once you’re happy with your teeth, you can confidently smile and flash your pearly whites without concerns. This, in turn, makes the individual more approachable and confident, improving their social and professional life. Cosmetic dentistry can dramatically improve your life.
Where can I find reliable dentists for my dental treatment?
URBN Dental is one of the most reputable dental clinics with a cosmetic dentist in Houston, TX. Our cosmetic dentists carefully examine your teeth, discuss your concerns, review your medical history, and recommend the ideal cosmetic treatments. We recommend a Snap-on Smile for patients looking for temporary solutions, but we might offer veneers or Invisalign for those looking for long-term solutions. Please schedule your consultation to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options today.