In This Article
Dr. Kyunglim Chae: one of the best cosmetic dentists near Bellaire, TX
Dr. Kyunglim Chae is widely considered one of the best cosmetic dentists near Bellaire, TX. You don’t have to take our word for it — she has unanimous 5-star ratings and reviews from all her patients in Uptown Houston, TX. One of her recent patients wrote the following: “Great experience! Very detailed information and helpful. Andrea was very personable and definitely made me feel comfortable about my exam. Dr. Chae was also very helpful and friendly. Great experience and I will definitely be back.”
Dr. Chae is a graduate of New York University’s BA/DDS 7-year joint program, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree and graduated as a Presidential Honors Scholar. She obtained her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the New York University College of Dentistry. She also specializes in high-quality cosmetic dentistry with porcelain veneers and crowns produced by the country’s best dental laboratories. If you’re dissatisfied with the shape, size, or general appearance of your teeth, please contact our dentist in Houston, TX.
What are common cosmetic dentistry procedures?
Cosmetic dentistry is the branch of dentistry related to improving the cosmetic appearance of your teeth. If you’re dissatisfied with the shape, size, color, or general appearance of your teeth, you can discuss cosmetic dentistry with your dentist in Houston, TX. It’s worth pointing out that cosmetic dental procedures focus primarily on cosmetic appearance, not functionality or dental health. Some cosmetic dental procedures may improve functionality slightly, but that’s not the primary goal. Most patients opt for cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve the shape, size, color, or alignment of their teeth.
The following are some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Teeth Whitening: The dentist in Houston applies a whitening gel on your teeth and uses a special curing light to activate the peroxide, thereby removing all the stains from your enamel. This procedure whitens your teeth by up to 8 shades.
- Cosmetic Bonding: The dentist in Houston applies a composite resin material to the front surface of your teeth. The composite resin hardens on your teeth to fill the dental cracks and chips, improving the overall appearance of your teeth.
- Gum Reshaping: The dentist in Houston uses laser energy or a special tool to remove excess gum tissues. This is done if you have a gummy smile — it restores optimal proportions between your teeth and gums.
- Invisalign: You have to wear a series of invisible dental trays custom-designed to move your teeth in the optimal direction. If you have misaligned teeth, this procedure can help you achieve perfectly straight and even teeth. The aligners are made of a transparent thermoplastic material, so they’re not visible to other people.
- Dental Bridges: If you’re missing one or more teeth in a single row, the dentist can provide a dental bridge to fill the gap. The bridge is supported by the healthy teeth on either side of the missing teeth. This is one of the most effective teeth replacement options.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is the most effective tooth replacement option available. It’s a titanium screw drilled into the jawbone underneath the empty socket of the missing tooth, thereby replacing the missing tooth’s root structure. It offers a firm and stable base to the dental crown, bridge, or denture, thereby replacing your missing teeth.
Are there health benefits of cosmetic surgery?
Cosmetic treatments are meant for cosmetic purposes, i.e., they improve the general appearance of your smile. In some cases, cosmetic dental treatments can also improve oral health — Invisalign treatment can help you achieve perfect dental alignment, thus minimizing the risk of cavities in the future. However, the health benefits of cosmetic dental treatments are minimal and incidental. If you have some health concerns, please discuss your general dentistry and restorative dentistry options with your dentist in Houston.
While cosmetic dental treatments don’t directly impact your dental health, they can improve your oral health indirectly. When you feel proud of your teeth, you’re more likely to take better care of them. You may brush and floss regularly and go for regular dental cleanings to maintain the perfect smile — something you may not do if you’re dissatisfied with your teeth. As such, improved oral hygiene can improve your overall dental health.
Can children have cosmetic dentistry done?
Cosmetic dentistry is available for children and adults. If your child is self-conscious about their teeth and smile, you should consider cosmetic dentistry to improve their self-esteem. The most common cosmetic dentistry procedures for children include dental fillings, bonding, veneers, crowns, and teeth whitening.
How long does teeth whitening typically last?
The results of teeth whitening may last for 6 to 36 months, depending on numerous factors. The longevity of teeth whitening depends on the porosity of your enamel and your dietary habits. If you want to increase the longevity of the teeth whitening results, you must reduce your consumption of foods and beverages with pigmentation, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and others. You should also stop smoking because it leads to discoloration.
Schedule an appointment with your dentist near Bellaire, TX
URBN Dental is one of the most reliable dental clinics in Uptown, Houston, with a highly skilled and talented dentist near Bellaire, TX. Our dental clinic is located at 2400 Mid Ln. #350, Houston, TX, a short drive from Bellaire, Highland Village, Galleria, and other neighboring towns. Our dentist in Bellaire, Dr. Chae, specializes in the latest cosmetic dental treatments. Please schedule an appointment online or call 346-570-0826.