In This Article
Losing teeth can significantly impact your overall oral health, confidence, and ability to perform everyday activities like eating and speaking. Full mouth missing teeth can be caused by various reasons such as injury, gum disease, tooth decay, or aging. Whatever the cause may be, the good news is that you have options to restore your smile and function – implant dentistry. At URBN Dental, we offer full mouth dental implants as a permanent solution to missing teeth. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about full mouth dental implants, including the benefits, costs, procedure, and aftercare.
What are Full Mouth Dental Implants?
Full mouth dental implants refer to a dental procedure that replaces an entire set of teeth using dental implants. Unlike traditional dentures, which are removable, full mouth dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. The dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone to mimic the natural tooth roots. Once the artificial tooth implants are securely fused with the jawbone, a custom-made dental bridge or denture is attached to the implants. The result is a natural-looking and functional set of teeth that feel and look like your own teeth.
Benefits of Full Mouth Dental Implants
Full mouth dental implants have numerous benefits compared to no dental implants, traditional dentures or remaining teeth. Here are some of the most significant advantages of full mouth dental implants:
- Improved Oral Health: Full mouth dental implants help preserve the remaining teeth by reducing the strain on them. Dental implants also promote healthy bone growth, preventing bone loss that can occur when natural teeth are missing.
- Enhanced Functionality: Dental implants allow you to eat and speak normally, without worrying about your teeth slipping or falling out, as can happen with dentures.
- Increased Confidence: Full mouth dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, which can boost your confidence and self-esteem. You won’t have to worry about hiding your smile or feeling self-conscious in social situations.
- Long-lasting: Full mouth dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. Conventional dentures or remaining teeth may require frequent repairs or replacements.
- Comfortable: Unlike conventional dentures that can cause sore spots, gum irritation, and discomfort, full mouth dental implants are comfortable and fit securely in your mouth.
Full Mouth Dental Implants Procedure
The full mouth dental implant procedure usually involves oral surgeon and dentist and a series of appointments, including consultation, treatment planning, surgery, and restoration. Here is a breakdown of the full mouth dental implant procedure:
- Consultation: At URBN Dental, we offer a free consultation to discuss your dental needs and assess if full mouth dental implants are suitable for you. During the free consultation, we will examine your mouth, take X-rays and scans, and discuss your medical history and any dental concerns.
- Treatment Planning: Once we determine that full mouth dental implants are right for you, we will create a customized treatment plan based on your individual needs. We will explain the procedure, discuss the costs, and answer any questions you may have.
- Implant Surgery: The next step is the surgery, which involves placing the dental implants into the jawbone. Depending on the individual case, bone grafting may be required to support the implants. This minor surgery is performed under local anesthesia or IV sedation, ensuring you are comfortable and pain-free throughout the procedure.
- Healing and Integration: After surgery, it takes about three to six months for the implants to fully integrate with the jawbone. During this period, you will wear temporary dentures or bridges to restore your function and aesthetics.
- Restoration: Once the implants have fully integrated, we will attach the custom-made dental bridge or denture to the implants. The restoration is carefully designed to match the shape, color and size of your remaining natural teeth or to create a brand new smile that suits your facial features and preferences.
- Follow-up Care: After the restoration, we will provide you with instructions on how to care for your new teeth properly. You will need to practice good oral hygiene, such as brushing and flossing regularly, and schedule regular check-ups with your dentist to ensure your implants and remaining natural teeth are healthy.
Same Day Dental Implants
Same day implants, also known as immediate load dental implants, are a popular option for patients who want to replace missing teeth in a single visit. Unlike traditional dental implants that require a healing period of several months before the restoration can be attached, same day implants allow for the placement of a temporary prosthesis on the same day as the surgery. While same day implants may not be suitable for everyone, they offer many benefits, including convenience, immediate function, and faster results. At URBN Dental, we can determine if same day dental implants are right for you during your consultation.
Full Mouth Dental Implants Cost
The full mouth dental implants cost can vary depending on several factors, such as the number of teeth missing, the quality of the implants, the type of restoration, and any additional procedures like grafting. At URBN Dental, we offer competitive pricing and flexible payment plans to make full mouth dental implants more affordable for our patients. We also work with most dental insurance plans and can help you determine if your insurance covers the procedure.
Implant-Supported Dentures & Full Arch Dental Implants
Implant-based dentures and full teeth implants are two names for full mouth dental implants. Full arch dental implants replace an entire arch of teeth with multiple dental implants that support a permanent bridge or denture. The dentist places four dental implants on the upper jaw, lower jaw, or upper and lower jaws, and uses these implants to secure a complete denture in place, offering a firm and stable base for the implant dentures. Unlike traditional implants or removable dentures, implant-supported teeth with four dental implants can replace a complete set of multiple teeth and help you achieve new teeth that look natural.
Is Full Mouth Dental Implants Right for You?
Full mouth dental implants are an excellent option for anyone with full mouth missing teeth, regardless of age or the cause of tooth loss. However, not everyone may be a good candidate for the procedure. Factors that may affect your eligibility for full mouth dental implants include:
- Poor dental health: If you have gum disease or other health issues, you may need to address those problems before undergoing surgery.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes or heart disease, may increase the risk of complications during the implant procedure.
- Insufficient jawbone: If you have significant bone loss in your jaw, you may require bone grafting before undergoing implant surgery.
- Heavy smoking: Smoking can affect the success of implant surgery and increase the risk of implant failure.
At URBN Dental, we will evaluate your oral health and medical history to determine if full mouth dental implants are right for you. We will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that meets your needs and goals.
URBN Dental Offers Full Mouth Dental Implant in Houston
Full mouth implants are a life-changing solution for anyone with full mouth missing teeth. Full mouth implants offer a permanent, natural-looking, and comfortable solution to missing teeth, improving your oral health, confidence, and quality of life. If you are interested in learning more about full mouth dental implants or would like to schedule a free consultation, contact us today at URBN Dental. Our experienced and friendly team is here to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile with a full mouth dental implant in Houston.