In This Article
How Much Do Veneers Cost in Houston?
So, are you thinking of getting a brand-new smile with veneers? A good decision. But if you go and get them without doing your homework properly, it may not turn out to be a good decision in the end. What is important is to get veneers that meet your aesthetic requirements and give you more value for the money you spend. If you are researching veneers cost near me, come into URBN Dental for your FREE dental consultation today! Veneer teeth are aesthetically pleasing and are practical for dental sensitivity.
You must understand what types of teeth veneers are available, what different types of teeth veneers cost, and you must know what factors go into veneers cost Texas. Before discussing these matters, it is useful to give you a brief breakdown of what teeth veneers are.
Cosmetic Dentistry – Dental Veneers Chip or Crack Tooth Surface
Teeth veneers are an excellent alternative to repeated teeth whitening. These are very thin shells of special dental-grade materials which cover the visible surfaces of your front teeth. Cheap veneers are normally custom made for your teeth to hide aesthetic defects like discolored teeth, broken or chipped teeth, teeth with excessive or uneven gaps, and to hide fillings that may have discolored over time.
Types of Veneers Treatment Options
When it comes to veneers, you have multiple options to choose from:
Dental Laboratory & Composite Veneer
Tooth-Colored & Color Shape
- Composite Veneers Cost – these are prepared from tooth-colored resins which can either be directly prepared at the dental chair-side, or they can be fabricated at the dental laboratory. Composite veneers near me possess excellent esthetics. However, they are not as durable as porcelain veneers, and they also get stained relatively quickly.
- Porcelain Veneers – These are prepared from high-quality porcelains and possess excellent strength, translucency and durability. As a result, they are the most commonly used veneers for a smile makeovers and esthetic restorations.
- Lumineers – these are like veneers. However, unlike conventional veneers, they require minimal or no tooth preparation as they are ultra-thin. They are also called “no-prep” veneers.
Veneer Procedure & How Are Veneers Prepared?
Fabrication of veneers is usually carried out in multiple steps and usually requires two visits. However, in certain cases, dentists may choose to provide veneers in a single visit. Here are some of the steps involved in the preparation of veneers:
- Clinical Examination – First, our cosmetic dentists at URBN Dental will perform a clinical examination to assess whether you a suitable candidate for veneers.
- Tooth Preparation – our dentists will then prepare the teeth which will receive veneers by removing a very thin layer of the tooth enamel. This is done to create room for the attachment of the veneers.
- Impression Making – Next, our dentists will make an impression of your teeth and send it to the laboratory. During the fabrication phase, we will give you temporary veneers made of acrylic so that your smile is not affected.
- Attachment – Once prepared, our cosmetic dentists will check the veneers for fit and esthetics. Once you and our dentists are satisfied with the veneers, the veneers will be attached to your teeth by using an adhesive cement. Any minor changes, if required, can be performed at the dental chairside. Once attached, they will remain fixed to your teeth, and they can only be taken off by your dentist. However, if your veneers come off in case of an accident, there is no need to worry. Simply visit us with your veneers and we will re-attach them for you.
Veneers & Natural teeth
Veneers have the following advantages:
- Natural and Beautiful Smile – veneers help you in getting rid of your teeth stains and cosmetic imperfections, allowing you to enjoy a naturally beautiful and charming smile and an elegant personality.
- Cost-effective – in cases where orthodontic treatment for fixing crooked teeth is not affordable, veneers prove to be a cost-effective option is cosmetically resorting the teeth.
- Quick Results – you can get veneers in just two visits. Some dental offices even provide veneers in a single visit. So, you can get the smile of your dreams in just a few hours!
Factors Affecting Dental Veneers Cost
You would be interested in knowing what goes into the veneers teeth cost. A number of factors do.
- Material – The cost of porcelain veneers is more because of their quality and endurance. The veneers cost per tooth is somewhere between $500 and-1900. The average cost of Composite veneers near me generally costs less, around $250-300. Lumineers, on the other hand, are the most expensive, costing between $800-2000 per tooth.
- Brand- Different brands will have their quality and cost. Naturally, the higher quality brands tend to cost more and last longer in comparison to the lower-cost brands.
- Number of Teeth- The cost of veneers for teeth will depend on the number of teeth which need to be veneered.
- Fabrication Technique – direct veneers tend to be more cost-effective in comparison to those created in the dental laboratory.
Are Veneers Covered by Dental Insurance?
Insurance companies generally do not cover dental procedures which are entirely cosmetic and elective in nature. Since veneers are elective in nature, they will not be covered by most dental insurance providers.
Veneers Require Caring
Since they are esthetic cosmetic restorations, they require special care. Here are some tips that can help you in taking care of your veneers:
Oral Health – Brushing and Flossing
- Oral Hygiene Maintenance – regular brushing and flossing will not only prevent teeth cavities and gum infections but also ensure that your veneers do not get stained. In addition, if you do not take good care of your oral health, there are chances of the development of secondary cavities which can result in the failure of your veneers.
- Dental Check-Up Visits – when you visit your dentist regularly, any underlying problems with your teeth, or the veneers are detected at early stages before any permanent damage occurs.
- Avoid Sticky and Hard Food – eating hard or sticky foods like nuts, candies and chocolates can result in the dislodgment of your veneers. Therefore, it is best that you avoid eating these food items directly with the veneered teeth.
Are you looking for a complete smile makeover? Then porcelain or composite veneers are one of your best options. Visit us today at URBN dental and let us give you a beautiful smile and an attractive personality with affordable veneers price.