If you have misaligned or crooked teeth, you might be interested in orthodontic treatment options to straighten them. Two of the most popular options are Invisalign clear aligners and traditional metal braces. At URBN Dental, we offer both types of treatment to help you achieve a perfect smile. In this article, we will discuss the differences between these two treatment options, so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
Invisalign clear aligners are a popular orthodontic treatment option because they are virtually invisible. This makes them a great option for adults who want to straighten their teeth without anyone noticing. Invisalign braces are made of clear plastic and are custom-made to fit your teeth. This means that they fit tightly and comfortably and are designed to move your teeth into the proper position over time.
The Invisalign treatment process involves digital scans of your teeth, which are used to create a 3D model of your mouth. This model is used to create a customized treatment plan that includes a series of clear aligners. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and is designed to move your teeth a little bit closer to their final position.
One of the advantages of Invisalign is that it requires fewer office visits than traditional metal braces. However, it is important to note that Invisalign treatment time can vary depending on the complexity of your case. While some patients only need to wear their aligners for a few months, others may require treatment for over a year.
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces have been used for decades to straighten teeth. They consist of metal brackets that are attached to the teeth and connected by a wire. The wire is adjusted periodically by your orthodontist to gradually move your teeth into the proper position.
Metal braces are an effective orthodontic treatment option for both mild and more complex issues. They can be used to treat crowded teeth, overbite, open bite, and other orthodontic issues. The treatment time for metal braces can vary from patient to patient, depending on the severity of the case.
Unlike Invisalign braces, traditional metal braces are not removable. This means that they require more care and attention than Invisalign aligners. Patients with metal braces need to avoid certain foods, like hard candies and popcorn, that can damage the braces. They also need to brush and floss regularly to avoid tooth decay.
Which Treatment Option Is Right for You?
Both Invisalign and traditional metal braces are effective orthodontic treatment options. However, the right solution for you will depend on your individual needs. At URBN Dental, we will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your specific case.
If you are concerned about the cost of treatment, we offer financing options to make Invisalign and metal braces more affordable. We also work with a variety of dental insurance plans to help our patients maximize their benefits.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Metal Braces: Pros and Cons
Invisalign Clear Aligners Pros:
- Virtually invisible
- Fewer office visits
- Removable for easy cleaning
- No food restrictions
- Can treat mild to moderate orthodontic issues
Invisalign Clear Aligners Cons:
- Can be more expensive than traditional braces
- Requires good compliance
- Can take longer for more complex issues
Traditional Metal Braces Pros:
- Effective for mild to severe orthodontic issues
- Can be more affordable than Invisalign
- No compliance issues
- Lifetime guarantee
Traditional Metal Braces Cons:
- More noticeable than Invisalign
- Requires more office visits
- Can cause discomfort and irritation
- Requires more attention to oral hygiene
- Food restrictions
Choosing the Right Treatment Option for You
When deciding between Invisalign and traditional metal braces, it is important to consider your individual needs and preferences. If you are concerned about the appearance of braces and want a more discreet option, Invisalign might be the best choice for you. However, if you have severe orthodontic issues or prefer a more affordable option, traditional metal braces might be the better choice.
It is also important to consider the time commitment required for each treatment option. Invisalign typically requires fewer office visits than traditional metal braces, but the treatment time can be longer for more complex cases. Traditional metal braces require more office visits, but the treatment time can be shorter for some patients.
If you have dental insurance, it is also important to check your coverage before choosing an orthodontic treatment option. Some dental insurance plans may cover Invisalign or traditional metal braces, while others may not cover any orthodontic treatment.
At URBN Dental, we can help you determine the best orthodontic treatment option for your individual needs. Our dental professionals will evaluate your teeth and recommend the best course of treatment for you. We offer both Invisalign and traditional metal braces, as well as other orthodontic devices, to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
The Process of Getting Invisalign
If you choose to get Invisalign at URBN Dental, the process will typically involve the following steps:
- Consultation: Your dental professional will evaluate your teeth and discuss your treatment goals with you. They will determine if Invisalign is the best treatment option for your individual case.
- Digital Scans: We use digital scans to create a 3D model of your teeth, which is used to create a customized treatment plan.
- Treatment Plan: Based on your digital scans, we will create a customized treatment plan that includes a series of clear aligners. You will wear each aligner for about two weeks, and then switch to the next one in the series.
- Follow-up Visits: You will need to come to our dental office periodically so that we can monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Completion: Once you have completed your treatment plan, we will provide you with retainers to help maintain the proper position of your teeth.
The Process of Getting Traditional Metal Braces
If you choose to get traditional metal braces at URBN Dental, the process will typically involve the following steps:
- Consultation: Your dental professional will evaluate your teeth and discuss your treatment goals with you. They will determine if traditional metal braces are the best treatment option for your individual case.
- X-Rays and Impressions: We will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a customized treatment plan.
- Metal Brackets: We will attach metal brackets to your teeth using a special adhesive. A wire will then be threaded through the brackets and adjusted periodically to gradually move your teeth into the proper position.
- Follow-up Visits: You will need to come to our dental office periodically so that we can adjust the wire and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Completion: Once you have completed your treatment plan, we will remove the metal brackets and provide you with retainers to help maintain the proper position of your teeth.
Visit URBN Dental for Invisible Teeth Aligners for Misaligned Teeth
Choosing between Invisalign and traditional metal braces can be a difficult decision. However, with the help of our dental professionals at URBN Dental, you can make an informed decision about which treatment option is right for you. Whether you choose Invisalign or traditional metal braces, our team is committed to helping you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that boosts your confidence and oral health.
We also understand that cost can be a concern for many patients, which is why we offer financing options and work with a variety of dental insurance plans. Our goal is to make orthodontic treatment accessible and affordable for all our patients. We have state-of-the-art dental clinics offering invisible aligners throughout Houston. Visit your nearest URBN Dental clinic to meet our dentist or orthodontist to explore your tooth alignment options.