Dr. Kyunglim Chae: dentist in Bellaire, TX
URBN Dental is a state-of-the-art and reliable dental clinic in Uptown, Houston, TX, with some of the country’s most reputable dentists. Our dental clinic is located at 2400 Mid Ln. #350, Houston, TX, right between the Highland Village and Galleria. If you’re in Bellaire, you can visit our dental clinic within 5 short minutes. Our dental clinic is also extremely accessible to Upper Kirby and River Oaks. As such, if you’re looking for a dentist in Bellaire, TX, we highly recommend consulting our Bellaire dentist — Dr. Kyunglim Chae.
Dr. Kyunglim Chae is a nationally-recognized dentist with specialized training in some of the most advanced cosmetic dental procedures. She graduated from the New York University’s BA/DDS 7-year joint program, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree and graduated as a Presidential Honors Scholar with Honors in Biology. She also completed her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the New York University College of Dentistry, thus realizing her dreams of becoming a dentist. Ever since then, Dr. Chae has been committed to improving her patients’ overall oral health and hygiene.
Dr. Chae is an extremely friendly and compassionate dentist in Bellaire, TX, beloved by her patients. One of her recent patients wrote, “Angela, Dr. Chae, everyone was so accommodating, kind, and detail-oriented. I have never had a more positive experience at a dental office. I would like to comment specifically on Angela’s personalization but also desire to explain what was going on in my mouth so that I could truly understand what I needed to do going forward. Highly recommend URBN!”
Dr. Chae believes in the value of patient education. Most dental problems can be avoided or addressed at the earliest stage if patients are empowered to maintain optimal dental health and hygiene. To that end, Dr. Chae explains every step of the dental procedure to her patients, and she also explains what her patients must do to minimize the risk of dental complications. Her considered approach to dental care allows her to maintain a perfect track record. Whatever your dental concerns might be, please contact the cosmetic dentist in Bellaire for more information.
Qualities to consider when looking for one of the best dentists in Bellaire, TX:
- Excellent Education: You must find a reputable dentist with an excellent educational background, ideally someone who has graduated from the country’s top tier of dental schools.
- Emergency Care: Your chosen dentist in Bellaire, TX, must provide emergency dental care. If you have a dental emergency, they must accept last-minute walk-in appointments, even outside regular office hours.
- BPA-Free Fillings: BPA is a common chemical compound used to harden plastics — it’s also used in trace amounts in dental fillings. Recent studies have identified a possible link between BPA usage in fillings and developmental problems in young children and infants. Although the results aren’t conclusive, you should err on the side of caution — only look for Bellaire dentists committed to offering BPA-free fillings.
- Comprehensive Care: You must look for dentists specializing in comprehensive dental care — they must identify and treat the root cause of your dental problems, not just the symptoms. They should also focus on preventative dentistry to help you avoid needing dental treatments.
- Compassionate Attitude: You should look for extremely friendly and compassionate dentists in Bellaire, TX. If your dentist is friendly and patient, they’re more likely to listen to your symptoms and concerns and curate personalized dental treatment plans to ensure safe and optimal results. They’re also more likely to focus on your emotional comfort.
- PPO Dentists: You should look for PPO in-network dentists who accept your insurance plans. PPO dentists can reduce the cost of your dental treatments and help you access treatments at lower, fixed prices. As such, you don’t have to file for insurance later.
What is a root canal?
A root canal is a medically necessary procedure meant for patients with severe dental decay. If the insides of your teeth, i.e., the pulp tissues, are inflamed or infected, you may need a root canal. During a root canal, the dentist drills an access hole into the affected tooth, removes all the infected pulp tissues and nerves, and applies antibiotic medications to remove the infection. Once the root canal is disinfected, the dentist applies a dental sealant to the tooth and places a dental crown to protect the weakened tooth.
Why do I need root canal treatment?
You need a root canal treatment if you have a severe dental crack or infection. If you have a deep cavity that’s entered the pulp chamber, the dentist has to remove all the infected pulp tissues and nerves to prevent the infection from spreading. Avoiding a root canal would allow the infection to spread to other teeth, eventually necessitating teeth extractions.
Is root canal treatment painful?
No. A root canal is a safe, in-office procedure performed under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation. As such, you don’t feel any pain or anxiety during the treatment, which may conclude within 30 minutes. You may experience some pain after the root canal, but you can take over-the-counter pain medications to alleviate the discomfort.
How can I avoid the need for root canal treatment in the future?
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day
- Rinse your mouth with antibacterial mouthwash regularly
- Go for regular dental cleanings once every six months
- If you have a cavity, get dental fillings without delay
Schedule an appointment at Bellaire dental Houston
URBN Dental is a reliable Bellaire dental clinic led by an incredibly talented and compassionate Bellaire dentist in Houston, TX. Whether you’re looking for cosmetic dentistry or general dentistry, you can rest assured that you’ll be in excellent hands with our Bellaire dentist. Dr. Chae considers your lifestyle, cosmetic goals, symptoms, and all other factors to curate personalized dental treatments, ensuring optimal results. Please schedule an appointment with our Bellaire dentist today.