#1. Accessible Location in Long Island
Location isn’t the most important factor to consider when looking for a vein center in Long Island, but it’s certainly the first factor to consider. After all, there’s no point in finding the country’s best vein center if it’s several hours from your place. Minimally invasive vein treatments have the advantage of convenience — they’re short in-office procedures that conclude within an hour with no downtime. But your treatment can only be convenient if your vein center is conveniently located and accessible.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center in Long Island is widely recognized as the most accessible and convenient vein center in Long Island because it has offices on the South Shore, North Shore, and Hamptons.
- The South Shore vein center is conveniently located on the Montauk Highway in Lindenhurst, right beside the Bergen Point Golf Course and the Southward Ho Country Club.
- The North Shore vein center is conveniently located at 350 Jericho Turnpike in Jericho, right beside the northern state parkway.
- The Hamptons vein center is conveniently located at 225 W Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays, a short drive from Montauk, Quogue, and other regions.
If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment, please find the vein center closest to your location.
#2. Board-Certified Vein Doctors
Once you’ve found the most accessible and well-located vein centers in Long Island, you should focus on their vein doctors. You can generally learn about the vein centers’ vein doctors from their website’s “About” section. The best vein centers should have board-certified vein doctors with specialized training in the latest minimally invasive vein treatments, vascular surgery, and vascular imaging.
It’s particularly helpful to find vein doctors officially recognized by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine, an organization that certifies the country’s leading vein physicians for meeting their standards and requirements. Besides an exceptional educational background, vein doctors should also have excellent bedside manners, and they should be dedicated to ensuring your physical and emotional comfort throughout the process.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center in Long Island is led by a hand-picked team of board-certified, fellowship-trained, and Ivy League-educated vein specialists. All of our vein doctors are required to undergo a rigorous ABVLM-certification process to establish themselves as the country’s leading vein doctors, and they also stay abreast of the latest developments in vein care by attending annual conferences.
The vein centers in Long Island are led by Dr. Kamran Saraf, Dr. Caroline Novak, and Dr. Thomas Arnold.
- Dr. Kamran Saraf is a graduate of Georgetown University. He completed his residency training in anesthesiology at the University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital, followed by a fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- Dr. Caroline Novak is a double-certified vein doctor specializing in venous medicine and internal medicine. He graduated from the University of Illinois Medical School and completed her residency at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, where she won numerous teaching awards.
- Dr. Thomas Arnold is an incredibly talented and board-certified vascular surgeon with 25+ years of experience in vascular surgery and the latest minimally invasive vein treatments. He’s also incredibly kind, compassionate, and has excellent bedside manners.
#3. Comprehensive Vein Care
Some of the less-experienced vein doctors often treat spider veins and varicose veins without diagnosing the root cause of your vein problems. While spider veins are often categorized as cosmetic problems, they’re often caused by underlying chronic venous insufficiency. Treating spider veins without addressing the underlying vein disease leads to a high risk of recurrence. You must look for vein centers that diagnose and treat the root cause of your vein problems.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center in Long Island specializes in comprehensive vein care. They follow a streamlined and personalized vein care approach to ensure optimal and long-lasting results.
- Step 1: The vein doctor examines your leg veins, reviews your medical history, discusses your symptoms and goals, and determines the likelihood of underlying vein disease.
- Step 2: The vein doctor administers a vascular imaging test, called duplex ultrasound, to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins and identify the diseased saphenous vein.
- Step 3: The vein specialist discusses all your vein treatment options while recommending the ideal minimally invasive procedures for your diagnosis, symptoms, medical history, and goals.
- Step 4: The vein doctor provides minimally invasive procedures to destroy the diseased saphenous vein responsible for your vein problems.
- Step 5: The vein doctor provides cosmetic treatments to improve your legs’ appearance, removing all the spider veins and varicose veins left after the primary treatment.
- Step 6: The vein specialist discusses your post-treatment recovery guidelines, such as wearing compression stockings, and you can resume your daily activities.
#4. Minimally Invasive Procedures
You must avoid vein centers that recommend vascular surgery for your problems. Vascular surgery may have been suitable a few decades ago, but the emergence of advanced technologies has paved the way for minimally invasive procedures. As such, you should only look for vein centers providing minimally invasive procedures that are safe, effective, and conclude within an hour with no downtime.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center in Long Island only provides minimally invasive vein treatments. For the underlying chronic venous insufficiency, we recommend radiofrequency ablation, laser ablation, mechanochemical ablation (clarivein), vein glue treatment (venaseal), etc. And for the superficial varicose veins and spider veins, we recommend sclerotherapy, foam sclerotherapy, pre-mixed foam sclerotherapy, ambulatory phlebectomy, and more.
#5. Free Insurance Verification
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center in Long Island also provides free insurance verification. You can send your insurance details to your assigned insurance concierge after scheduling your appointment. The insurance concierge will review the terms and conditions of your insurance plans to provide a detailed plan to maximize insurance coverage, helping you minimize your out-of-pocket financial burden.