Who is an affordable Invisalign dentist near me?
Dr. Kyunglim Chae and Dr. Benjamin Golik are the most reputable Invisalign providers in Houston, specializing in a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments. As certified Invisalign providers, they perform a wide range of tests to understand your dental needs and concerns, curating the ideal treatment plan for your specific needs. They also perform 3D imaging tests to provide an augmented reality prediction of how your teeth will look at various stages of the Invisalign treatment.
Both Dr. Chae and Dr. Golik are affiliated with URBN Dental, one of the leading state-of-the-art dental clinics in Houston, TX. You can find Dr. Chae at URBN Dental Uptown, located at 2400 Mid Ln #350, Houston, and you can find Dr. Golik at URBN Dental Midtown, located at 3510 Main St Ste E, Houston. Both of their dental clinics are highly accessible for patients in and around Houston, and you can also schedule appointments with them on Saturdays if you have a busy week.
Dr. Chae and Dr. Golik also have exceptional reviews from all their patients. They maintain a flawless track record, as evidenced by their 5-star ratings. One of their recent patients said, “I most enjoyed my visit here a few weeks ago with Dr. Benjamin Golik. Everything from the office space, the very comfortable & new dental devices, service, and follow-up care is amazing and wonderful. The best dental experience I’ve had, and I’m the person that goes to the dentist every 6 months (before Covid).”
You may schedule an appointment or call us at +1 346-815-9995 (Midtown) or +1 713-322-8442 (Uptown).
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the world’s leading provider of invisible aligners for misshapen, crooked, or misaligned teeth. It’s a series of transparent thermoplastic aligners that move your teeth in the desired direction by gradually applying pressure. Over time, your teeth continue shifting into the desired direction of perfect alignment, eventually leading to proportional and straight teeth. Invisalign consists of a series of aligners, each corresponding to different stages in the treatment. Each aligner moves your teeth just a little, allowing you to get closer to your goals with each aligner. Invisalign is popular because it’s completely transparent, invisible, and removable, so there’s no social embarrassment or dietary restrictions.
How does Invisalign work?
- Dental Analysis: Your first test is a smile assessment and consultation with the Invisalign provider. The Invisalign dentist will examine your teeth, determine if you’re a viable candidate for Invisalign treatment, and scan your teeth with an iTero Element scanner. This will produce a 3D digital scan of your teeth, allowing the dentist to curate a virtual treatment plan just for you. It allows you to see how your teeth will look at every stage of the Invisalign treatment, so there aren’t any surprises. After curating the treatment plan, the dentist will send an order for your Invisalign, which should take several weeks.
- Invisalign Fitting: Once the Invisalign aligners are prepared, you’ll go for your first fitting. The dentist will ensure the Invisalign aligners fit properly — not too tight or loose. They’ll show you how to wear and care for the Invisalign. Once you start wearing Invisalign, you must keep them on for at least 22 hours a day. If you take them off too often, your teeth won’t move in the desired direction in the stipulated time. You’ll have to change the Invisalign aligners every two weeks — each aligner will take you closer to your goals. The treatment ends after the final aligner.
- Vivera Retainer: Once you’ve achieved the perfect smile, you need to ensure it remains intact. After you’re done with Invisalign, you’ll receive a Vivera retainer, which you must wear for several months. The retainer will ensure your teeth remain in the aligned position while your jawbone adjusts to the new position. If you don’t wear the retainers, there’s a risk that your teeth will gradually move back into their original position. The entire process should take one to two years.
How long does the Invisalign treatment take?
The entire Invisalign treatment takes 6 to 18 months, depending on the extent of your misalignment. However, most patients start seeing results in just a few weeks.
How long will it take for braces to straighten my teeth?
Traditional braces usually take a lot longer than Invisalign — they straighten your teeth in 2 to 4 years, depending on the degree of misalignment.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Completely invisible, so there’s no social embarrassment.
- Removable, so you can take it off whenever necessary.
- No dietary restrictions because you can take Invisalign off before meals.
- Maintain optimal oral health without wires getting in the way.
- No risk of cuts or bruises due to archwires.
- Faster than traditional braces.
What is it like to have Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment is completely painless, comfortable, and effective. You might feel some pressure on your teeth initially, but the sensation will soon go away.
Is it possible to treat crooked teeth with Invisalign?
Yes, you can treat crooked teeth with Invisalign.
Is Invisalign effective for spaced-out teeth?
Yes, Invisalign is effective for spaced-out teeth.
When will I see the Invisalign results?
The Invisalign results start appearing in a few weeks, but the entire treatment lasts for 6 to 18 months.
What is the average cost of Invisalign?
According to the Consumer Guide for Dentistry, the average cost of Invisalign ranges from $3000 to $5000. However, the specific cost depends on your specific situation. Please contact your Invisalign dentist to discuss the specific cost of Invisalign for you.